We can provide advice and information on a range of housing problems. These include questions about your tenancy agreement, deposits you have given to your landlord, or your rights if you are homeless.
We can also help you if you have problems with disrepair in your home, you are at risk of having your home repossessed, or if you need advice about anti social behaviour.
What We Can Help With
- We can give general advice or information on your rights and responsibilities
- We can help you to negotiate with your landlord
How We Can Help
Please contact Citizens Advice Barrow. You will need to have a short interview with one of our first contact workers who will discuss with you the best way to help with your enquiry. At this stage it is important that you have letters and forms that you want to discuss and also details of your household income. If your housing issue is complex we may need to refer you to a specialist adviser after we have made an initial assessment.
- Citizens Advice – online information about Housing
- Call the Shelter helpline on 0808 800 4444 or visit the Shelter website
- For housing advice, visit the Barrow Borough Council website
- Housing advice on the Government website