We can provide advice and information around problems at work. These might range from being refused time off to take holidays, not being paid on time, being bullied or discriminated against or needing to know what to do if you think you have been unfairly selected for redundancy or dismissal.
What We Can Help With
- We can give general advice or information on your rights and responsibilities at work
- Assist you with responding to disciplinary action or making a grievance.
- We can also advise you about submitting a case to an employment tribunal.
How We Can Help
Please contact Citizens Advice Barrow. You will have a short interview with one of our first contact workers who will discuss with you the best way to help with your enquiry. At this stage it is important that you have letters and forms that you want to discuss and also details of your household income. If your employment enquiry is complex we will make an appointment with one of our advisers after we have made an initial assessment.
- Citizens Advice – online information about Work
- Call the Acas helpline 08457 47 47 47 or visit the Acas website
- Visit the UK Government’s employment website
- For health and safety at work information see the Health and Safety Executive website
- For equality and human rights issues visit the Equality and Human Rights Commission website